Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What is it about VW Campervans??







I often get asked this question, as many people can't get their heads around the attraction of an old slow Campervans. For some it's just the "in thing" and their fling with a VW will no doubt be short and turbulent and will have faded by the end of summer.;-) For me it's something different. My van isn't just a vehicle ...it's part of the family, a feeling echoed by my six year old daughter.



Our van is used every day, from the school run to the "big" shop at the supermarket. It has it's own character and quirks and if you understand these, you'll find life is a lot easier with her. ( yes the van is a girl) In the morning when it's cold she prefers slow gentle gear changes until she's warmed up and after every long journey I give her a gentle tap on the dashboard and thank her for getting us home.



However don't think that's she's lives a pampered life..no no she has to earn her keep. Many a time she's had to carry everything from cement mixers to sofa's and towed my trailer (loaded with fence panels and a garden shed)



She has fun too with camping by the beach and climbing over Welsh mountains and picnics in the forests. So if are thinking of buying a Campervan remember this.........



" A Campervan if for life , not just for Christmas"

3 comments:

  1. Good looking bus Mark - I'm toying with making mine the daily driver but not sure that the Mrs is that keen - the love of speed & power steering run deep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ta John, she'll come round...eventually. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life

    VW Camper Vans

    ReplyDelete